The Governance Committee supports the board in effectively governing the organization and leads the Board in evaluating its effectiveness and provides for its continual development.
- The committee will periodically review the organization’s bylaws and recommend amendments as needed
- Lead the Board in conducting an annual self-assessment
- Evaluate and fulfill the needs of the Board as pertains to committee structure
- Recruitment of Board members
- New Board member orientation and ongoing training
- Ensure compliance with Board policies
- Facilitate a process for nomination, election and re-election of directors and officers
- Plan for an annual Board retreat
- Ensure that the organization utilizes a strategic planning process
- Develop and update succession plans for officers of the organization
- Assist in drafting employment paperwork and handbooks for the organization
- Meets quarterly, unless a review period requires higher frequency of meetings
- Governance experience
- Nonprofit committee, and/or board experience
- Strong understanding of Wellfit Girls and the needs of the organization
How to Apply
To start the application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, indicate the position you are interested in and if school credit is required.
Please fill out the form for any general questions and we will get back with you soon.